Hosted by Smart Grid Northwest
Tuesday, June 12th, 2018, 8:00am-4:15pm
Panoramic Room at the Pacific Tower, Seattle, WA
Registration has ended| Download the agenda
Speaker Bios | Venue Details
Plus Resiliency Assets Tour and Annual Meeting & Evening Social Monday, June 11th More Info »
An in-depth exploration of the state of energy system resiliency in our region
Smart Grid Northwest and our community from across the region – Washington, Oregon, Idaho and BC – came together at the 2018 Northwest Energy Resiliency Summit. At this unique one-day meeting, stakeholders participated in presentations, panel discussions and working sessions focused on helping regional stakeholders with developing resiliency solutions for energy systems in our region. This event dug deep into some our most critical topics: developing microgrids at critical facilities, preparing for cyber resiliency, asset monitoring, rapid restoration, all-hazard resilience, and finding metrics for tracking and quantifying resiliency efforts.
The Utilities, Agencies and Customers Leading the Charge
- Regional utilities working on resiliency issues
- Government agencies supporting preparedness planning
- Providers with proven resiliency solutions
- Large industry and other critically impacted energy customers
- Other organizations who see energy resiliency as critical
Most of the content focused on the electrical system, but natural gas, water, transportation and other infrastuctures were addressed.
Let’s Work Together to Answer The Key Resiliency Questions
The conference was organized around the key questions that lead to improving resiliency across energy systems in the Northwest.
- Identifying Priorities: How can we best determine the areas that need attention or are most vulnerable?
- Valuing Options: How do we establish quantifiable and defensible figures for solutions?
- Deploying Solutions: What are the best practices for implementation of various technologies?